A Newspaper customer in Indianapolis, USA was seeking a solution to address obsolescence issues associated with their Automated Storage and Retrieval System.
The project was to upgrade the technology in their reel handling robots and interface to the existing reel management controls.
What we did:
- Each robot has 3 axis – Horizontal, Vertical and Shuttle
- On each axis we replaced drives and motors with Bosch Rexroth Indradrive
- Replaced the obsolete Allen Bradley PLC5 controller with the latest Allen Bradley Compact Logix 1769 PLC
- Replaced the obsolete operator HMI with a new AB 5310 PanelView
- Replaced the wireless communication system
- Interfaced to the existing reel management controls
The newly upgraded equipment is now connected to the MGWS 24/7 remote support service.
We provide support for a wide range of industrial equipment and applications. From complete machine overall through to simply changing bearings or replacing components – our engineers and technicians have the expertise you need.